Managed Care Alternatives, Inc. (MCA) is a full-service Medical Billing, Coding and Practice Management Company specifically designed to…
MCA utilizes one of the first Windows-based Practice Management software packages, BrickMed, to perform billing services for those clients who do not have a preferred Practice Management/EHR software package they prefer that we use for their billing process.
For those clients who do have a PMS/EHR package they have utilized in the past and want to continue to do so in the future, MCA will continue to seamlessly work with the practice on that software – either by logging into the practice’s server or logging on to the cloud-based software using the usernames and passwords we have been given. Our clients therefore are guaranteed the comfort of knowing that they are indeed controlling the billing component of their businesses. If they feel that we are not following their instructions or performing satisfactorily, they can withdraw access to their data. We are happy to report that in the 13 years we have been in business, this has never happened.
Our staff is quite familiar with most widely utilized billing software packages, including Medisoft, Lytec, Advanced MD and eClinicalWorks – to name just a few.
- Electronically submit claims to those Payers able to accommodate this method of transmission, via CMS-1500 form to all others.
- Issue monthly statements to all patients.
- Respond to all patient inquiries regarding claims status.
- Maintain a database of all insurance and demographic information.
- Post all payment receipts.
- Initiate follow-up on all unpaid balances aged over 30 days.
- Provide you with templates of all necessary forms – i.e. Patient, Welcome Letter, Patient Release Form and many more.
- Provide a detailed monthly report to the physician.
- Interface with all EMR/EHR systems and software packages
- Enable you to view all data components of your practice at any time as well as provide secure, password-protected viewing access to your Practice data as you see fit
Payer Contract Analysis
Our contracting service is what sets MCA apart from other professional administrative services. What good does it do to sign insurance provider contracts if you have no idea of how they are performing? Better yet, why sign a contract at all if it is not profitable from the start?
We have gathered hundreds of contract tables in your area of expertise and can police your relationships for compliance. This will guide you to the most profitable relationships. This single activity can raise your profits dramatically!.
CPT and ICD-9\ICD-10
Our expert coding specialists are fully aware of all the changes in CPT and ICD-9 changes and we will adjust your billing appropriately for Medicare, Medicaid and commercial carriers.
We specialize in maximizing your reimbursement levels while expediting your payment. We work on a percentage of collected funds, so our interest is in collecting your fees to their maximum potential.
Most MCA clients experience an immediate reduction of OVER fifty-percent of their normal call volumes. The call volume reduction increases dramatically if we handle the scheduling of your patients.
- Telephonically register all new patients.
- Advise you of updates and changes to the schedule as often as you’d like.
- Refer all medical related calls to your office.
* PHYSICIAN INCOME - THE KEYS TO MAXIMIZATION * :